1. What is the official name of the show?
The official name of the show is the International Trade Malaysia 2013 (INTRADE 2013). It is the 7th Malaysia International Event for Exporters.
2. What are the exhibition date and hours?
26 - 28 November 2013 (Tuesday - Thursday) / 10am - 6pm daily.
3. Where is INTRADE 2013 held?
Menara MATRADE, Jalan Khidmat Usaha Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4. What can we expect out of INTRADE 2013?
- 4 specialised clusters
- 450 exhibition booths
- 9,000 trade visitors & buyers
- 10,000sqm of exhibition space
5. What is INTRADE 2013 all about?
INTRADE 2013 is a unique opportunity for companies to showcase export-ready products and services to potential buyers. As one of the region's most important trade platform, trade buyers and visitors converge at INTRADE Malaysia as they explore and get influenced by the brands, products and services that they see and try. For large organisations this is a good platform for brand loyalty and outreach, and for the niche SME's it's the opportunity to target a wide spectrum of customers.
6. How is INTRADE 2013 different from previous years?
Beginning last year, INTRADE 2013 highlight only 4 industry clusters. This allows only those involved in the said industries to be included, thus bringing specialisation and a certain degree of exclusively to the event.
7. What is the relevance of the theme "Revitalising Export Growth" to INTRADE 2013
Given the current uncertain pace of the global economic recovery, it is timely that the business community continues to maintain export opportunities and prepare their companies to spur the market and take advantage of the opportunities. With the theme 'Revitalising Export Growth', INTRADE 2013 aims to stimulate economic growth & bring ample opprtunities to the global business environment. Thus, INTRADE 2013 is industry centric focus, promoting 4 clusters which are prominent industry sectors which will drive the global economy.
8. What are the highlighted product clusters for INTRADE 2013 and what are the exhibitor & buyer/visitor profiles under each cluster?
Building & decorative hardware • building & construction technology • building security • bricks, cement, ceramics, glass, marble, stone, tiles & timber • chemicals, coating & paint • doors, windows, flooring • kitchen, sanitary ware & pool • walls, roofing & ceiling
Wholesalers • agents • distributors • property developers • contractors • engineers • architects • interior designers •government departments & agencies
Electrical & Electronics And Information & Communication Technology
Computer & communication technology • consumer electronic products • industrial electrical equipment & accessories • installation & control equipment • electrical components & accessories • electronic engineering • hi-tech products & new techniques • lighting & lamps
Manufacturers • wholesalers • agents • distributors • property developers • engineers • architects • telco companies & operators • government departments & agencies
Automation, automated technology & equipment, robotics • CAD/CAE & other analysis tools • fire protection & rescue • general manufacturing • logistics, transport & warehousing solutions • machine tools, machining, stamping • maintenance & repairs • metal fabrication • moulds & dies, casting, forging • oils & lubricants • production, processing, printing & packaging • refrigeration, air conditioning, heating & ventilation • safety equipment • testing, calibration, sensors & instrumentation
Manufacturers • wholesalers • agents • distributors • hardware stores • government departments & agencies
Fashion, garments, apparels, intimate wear • accessories, jewellery, belts, handbags, shoes • textiles, fabrics, yarn, garment display supplies • cosmetics, toiletries, personal care, perfumes, essential oils • gifts, souvenirs, premiums, crafts, decorative items, works of art • household products • interiors & furniture • wellness
Wholesalers • agents • distributors • chain stores • departmental stores • supermarkets • hypermarkets • fashion houses • buying houses • retailers • designers • mail order companies • brand owners • potential franchisees • government departments & agencies
9. Who is the organiser of INTRADE 2013?
INTRADE 2013 is organised by The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE). MATRADE was established in 1993 as the National External Trade Promotion Agency of Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Malaysia.
MATRADE functions as the focal point for foreign importers to source for Malaysian products and services. Driven by the vision of positioning Malaysia as a globally competitive trading nation, MATRADE assists Malaysian companies establish their presence overseas through various promotional programmes (mission, participation international trade fairs, capacity development initiatives, etc).
Details of INTRADE secretariat are as follows:
INTRADE Main Secretariat
MEEC / INTRADE Unit
Level 2, Menara MATRADE
Jalan Khidmat Usaha, Off Jalan Duta,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 6207 7183 / 7184
Fax: +603 6203 7259
1. Madam Anita Abdul Aziz (Project Coordinator)
Tel: +603 6207 7171
2. Mr Mohd Saiful Arifin bin Rostam (Project Officer)
Tel: +603 6207 7175
10. What's new at INTRADE 2013?
A special display area will be made available for new products to be launched at INTRADE 2013 by exhibitors
Guided Tour for Foreign Buyers
Foreign buyers will have the opportunity to be taken for a tour through the exhibition halls. Those interested in the products/services of a particular exhibitor may proceed to have further discussions with the exhibitor after the tour
A poster display of Malaysian industry information on the 4 clusters
Networking by Cluster
A Networking Reception will be organised within each cluster with the presence of exhibitors, buyers, supporting organisations and relevant trade contacts
11. What other exciting programmes are there at INTRADE 2013?
INTRADE 2013 will host 3 concurrent events, namely:-
- Kuala Lumpur International Trade Forum (KLITF)
The KL International Trade Forum (KLITF) is a platform for business leaders to share their insights into global business opportunities and prospects, and establish collaborations towards gaining a competitive edge in the challenging global market. This is the ideal event for networking, sharing experiences and learning about the intricate business in the global market.
- Incoming Buying Mission (IBM)
The Incoming Buying Mission (IBM) is a business matching programme which sets up one-on-one business meetings for Malaysian exhibitors and companies with international buyers.
IBM is a central, cost effective platform where meetings take place between trade buyers from various countries with local participants comprising exhibitors and suppliers.
International buyers coming under this programme will also visit the exhibition to source from foreign exhibitors.
The FTA@INTRADE Programme comprises the FTA Information Booth, Trade Briefings and Consultation Sessions
The FTA@INTRADE Programme is the platform for you to better understand how FTAs can benefit you and your business in the export sector. The programme is designed to promote and increase exports between FTA partners, capitalise on existing FTA networks for market expansion, and increase FTA utilisation amongst partners.
Those interested to participate in any of the above 3 programmes may contact the INTRADE secretariat.
12. What facilities are provided for exhibitors and visitors at INTRADE 2013
- *Special rates for accommodation with panel of hotels
- *Special rates for air fare with official airlines
- *Special rates for express train services from airport to city centre
- *Complimentary shuttle service to exhibition centre
- Assistance with identifying relevant exhibitors
- Business Information Centre and trade advisory services
- Money changer and travel agent services
Note: * details are constantly updates and available on the INTRADE 2013 website
1. What can I do for my business at INTRADE 2013?
- EXPORT to targeted audience who are ready to buy
- MEET decision makers face-to-face
- DEVELOP immediate business alliances
- GAIN improved relationships with industry buyers
- NETWORK with corporate and government entities
- ASSOCIATE your company and brand with the best in the business
- DRIVE foot traffic to your booth
- LAUNCH new products
- TEST new global markets
- DEMONSTRATE and sample products
- EXPLORE joint venture opportunities at the global level
- REACH OUT first-hand to real buyers
- GENERATE international sales
2. My company is a MATRADE member, and we are thinking of participating at INTRADE 2013. What benefits are we entitled to?
- Priority reservations for exhibition booths, strictly on a first-come-first-served basis
- Special exhibition booth rates, for MATRADE members, subject to booth availability
- Business matching services through the IBM programme
3. Are there ways of ensuring that my participation stands out at INTRADE 2013
There are 2 ways you can make your participation stand out during INTRADE 2013:-
- Launching of new products at special display area
- Creating special events / packages
- Be a sponsor
4. What awards are offered at INTRADE 2013
To inspire better standards and quality of presentations, INTRADE 2013 continues the tradition of presenting the INTRADE Best Booth Awards. In our push for more creative and outstanding displays by exhibitors, this year there will be an additional two awards presented in two categories - Malaysia & International exhibitors:-
- INTRADE Best Booth Awards 2013 (Malaysia & International Categories)
Good exhibition booth are a must to draw visitors into your booth, introduce your products and services more effectively, and create a more conductive environment for business transaction. Judges will be touring the exhibition halls incognito to evaluate exhibition booths, and the winners will be annouced at the INTRADE 2013 Networking Reception. The categories for INTRADE Best Booth Awards 2013 are:-
- Best Booth Design Category - For exhibitors with special design booths
- Best Space Utilisation Category - For exhibitors with Shell Scheme booths
- Winners of the Best Booth Awards will enjoy 50% discount on the booth package for their participation at INTRADE 2014.
* Entry & Eligibility: All booths are automatically entered into the INTRADE 2013 Best Booth Awards
5. What types of booths can I choose from? What are the costs?
There are two types of booth packages which you can choose from:-
- SHELL SCHEME - comes with basic necessities* you will need at your booth
RM 8,000 / USD 2,750 per booth (3m x 3m = 9sqm) - minimum booking of 1 booth
*Includes: wall partitions, carpet, 1 table, 2 folding chairs, 2 fluorescent tube lights (40w), 1 power point (13amp), fascia board with company name and booth number
- BARE SPACE - you can create your own booth and bring your brand to life
RM 7,000 / USD 2,400 per booth (3m x 3m = 9sqm) - minimum booking of 2 booths
6. Why should I sign-up for my booth early?
Signing up early for your booth will provide the following benefits:
- EARLY PUBLICITY FOR EXHIBITORS
Details of exhibitions (products & booth details) will be made available on the INTRADE 2013 website effective 1 June 2013 and this will provide potential visitors with information on the exhibitors that they would like to meet at INTRADE.
By having exhibitors' confirmation early, relevant prospective trade visitors and buyers can be identified to be invited to visit the exhibition and participate in the Incoming Buying Mission Programme.
7. How do we register to participate as Exhibitor?
Registration for INTRADE 2013 may be done online via www.intrademalaysia.com
For details, please contact:-
QUBE INTEGRATED MALAYSIA SDN BHD (INTRADE 2013 Project)
Wisma Qube, No 32-3, Jalan Nautika B U20/B,
Seksyen U20, TBS Commercial Centre. Sungai Buloh,
40160 Shah Alam,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
T: +603 6277 9973
F: +603 6277 3973
INTRADE Sales & Marketing Hotline: +6012 278 7936
Contact Persons: Lorela Chia / Juanita Zainal
1. How do I find out who is exhibiting?
To find out who is exhibiting at INTRADE 2013:-
- The list of exhibitiors wil be available on www.intrademalaysia.my listed under the Exhibiting section effective 1st June 2013
- Visit the Online INTRADE 2013 Exhibitor Directory section on www.intrademalaysia.my which comes on in November 2013. You will be able to search the directory in a variety of ways, including company name, brand name and product cluster.
- On-site, pick up a copy of the INTRADE 2013 Show Directory with updated exhibitor information.
2. What are the requirements to visit INTRADE 2013?
INTRADE 2013 is open to business owners, importers & exporters, manufacturers, distributors, retailers & wholesalers, procurement representatives, buying houses & departmental/hypermarket/supermarket stores, service providers, investors, government agencies, government institutions, embassies and trade promotion agencies, trade associations & chambers and the media
INTRADE is not open to the general public.
3. How do we register as a Visitor?
Pre-registration may be done online at www.intrademalaysia.my or on-site during the exhibition.